Tuesday, July 22, 2008

More Adventures with the A-Team





After my adventures with the sisters, I bused up to Siem Reap in Northern Cambodia, where I was reunited with Adam and Abe. Over the next couple days we:

- got up at 4:30 in the morning to watch the sunrise over some of the majestic ruins of Angkor Wat.
- hiked a mile up into the woods to see ancient carvings in a riverbed that extended over about 100 meters. (It's amazing that they lasted over hundreds of years of water flowing over them.)
- got full-body massages while wearing Thai fisherman outfits
- ate real ice cream (mint choco-chip for me)
- strolled around town with Adam wearing his new shiny, silky, flowery red tailored shirt
- went to the Mormon branch at Siem Reap. They came down to my room and woke me up at 7:15 Sunday morning "so that you're not late for church!" and we gave our tuk-tuk driver a little map that some missionaries had drawn for me. But he had a really hard time finding it until I spotted two young boys in white shirts whom we followed part of the way. The building itself wasn't recognizable but we were able to match the words on outside with the words on a flier that I had. (see photo)
- said good-bye forever as they left from church to go the airport home.

No comments: