Saturday, July 5, 2008
Crazy Idea Number One
Last summer when Chris and I were biking down the Pacific Coast (http://blood-sweat-and-gears.blogspot.com) we talked about how cool it would be to do a cross-country bike ride for Barack Obama with rallies all along the way. However at the time we didn't know who was going to secure the nomination, and we didn't know what our plans would be either. Well, Chris is getting married September 13th and I, oh wait, have no plans! So I'm starting to look into the idea again. Why volunteer for him in an office when I could be working for him on my bike? Chris and I have begun talking, planning and trying to work any connections we have. The current plan is to start riding the beginning of September in Oregon, ride through the heartland hitting up key swing states like Colorado, Missouri, Ohio and Pennsylvania, and ending in D.C. on Tuesday, November 4th. It would be ideal if we could get hooked up directly with the campaign so that we could coordinate rallies and such with them. (Also, wouldn't it be amazing to have an Obama cycling jersey?!) Unfortunately, I'm leaving today for Asia for a month, so plans will kind of be on hold. If anyone happens to find this blog entry and wants to do and/of help with this ride, leave me a comment, please. Si se puede!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The jobless journey will be one of great insight and wisdom...I sound like a fortune cookie.
The book I'm currently reading says people fear uncertainty. But you have embraced it! Making you the most courageous person I currently know!!
Hi Jen!! I love hearing about your stories! Thanks for including me on the list of contacts! You're an adventurer, that's for sure. =) I can live vicariously through you while I'm stuck in the confines of med school for the time being. I doubt I'll be able to join you for the awesome cross-country bike ride that's in the works, but just FYI, I'm still in Pittsburgh, and if it happens to be en route, you are always welcome to swing by and stay a while! Happy travels!
Jen -
My mom passed your blog address on to me and I have been enjoying your posts. How cool that you are in Asia. I hope you get better soon. I would have never pegged you for an Obama supporter, but have fun. Check out our blog or send me an email sometime: bitwoman@hotmail.com
Love -
Meri
Post a Comment