Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Baby Picture Therapy Part I


I snagged some pictures from some old family photo albums when I was home at Christmas, and then taped them to my bedroom wall in Seattle. (Sorry, Mom!) Surprisingly, looking at Little Jen every day has taught me a lot about 28-Year-Old Jen. The next four blog installments will detail some of those epiphanies.
First, I seem to have the gene for “posing in pictures with arms and legs outstretched like a star.” After repeated observation, my stance in this Ghostbusters picture started to feel familiar, and somehow, current.
So, I did a little research and what I found is below. It's kind of embarrassing that I still pose for pictures the same way I did when I was five years old. But I also kind of like the pose; it's as if I'm trying to fill a big, majestic space. Apparently, when I was five, that space was our back porch. 
It's fun to grow up.

Dominican Republic '09 - Angkor Wat, Cambodia '08 - Tillamook, Oregon '07 - Yosemite '09

10 comments:

julie schenk said...

The BEST! Isn't it amazing where insight comes from? Thanks for sharing yours. love you :)

Erika said...

Or it's a metaphor... like a star! You want to be a star.

A super cute star, by the way.

Pops said...

Minesota memories! I'm eager to see the star pose from South Africa.

Jerkolas said...

It seems that no matter where you go, it isn't big enough to handle all your starry exuberance.

*Elizabeth* said...

I love it. Jen you are so great! I just want to run into those arms and hug you!!

Sie said...

How funny! I never thought of past photos as a medium for self reflection!

Chase said...

ha, love it

Lara said...

wow. You know, every picture I have of you makes you look like the funniest person ever. I feel lucky to be in some of those pictures with you! Now, when I see picture of you and your present people, I'm jealous I'm not in them having so much fun with you!

Unknown said...

What a crack up! I love your Ghost Busters dance ensamble. AND your signature pose ;-)

Meg Ruth said...

Jen you are so dang RAD!