Thursday, December 11, 2014
Trader Joe's - Bringing People Together
I almost broke into an ecstasy-induced panic when I walked into Trader Joe's this week and saw that all their holiday fare had arrived: peppermint joe joe's, dark chocolate stars, books of dark chocolate bars from around the world, multi-flavored caramels, peppermint bark, tri-colored cubes of fudge.
I was like a kid in a candy store. Except that I'm an adult, and I couldn't figure out how I could purchase and eat all of these items without getting sick. I ended up settling on a box of dark chocolate star cookies and a slab of chocolate bark -- assuring myself that this was only the beginning.
The elevator ride to the parking garage seemed too long to wait, so I opened up my box of dark chocolate stars and announced to the other four people in the elevator how excited I was to have these seasonal favorites back again.
One of the women responded, "Oh, I just got the mint version of the chocolate stars. Have you tried those?"
Me: "No, I haven't!"
Woman in elevator: "Here, let me give you one."
She rips open her box, and then the older couple next to me say that they have never tried either version of these cookies.
Suddenly we're all sharing and sampling and eating and rejoicing together in the goodness that is Trader Joe's.
All this transpired in the one-floor elevator ride between the parking garage and the store. Time must have stood still for us.
Thanks, TJ's, for bringing strangers together one chocolate star at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I was in AZ last week and went and bought tons of dry roasted, unsalted almonds which are so difficult to get here in the little mountain towns. I saw a huge array of Christmas goodies but we had just eaten and I was stuffed so didn't even look at it. Now I am sorry!! :( Enjoy several of your goodies for me :)
I love this post. so much.
I do love Trader Joes and it does feel like I want to hug someone when I am there/after I leave. :)
Post a Comment