Brass Knuckles
When people ask you if you own a pair of brass knuckles, you can tell them that you have this beautiful necklace, but that real brass knuckles are illegal in all 50 states. Then point out the irony that in America: brass knuckles = illegal; semi-automatic guns = legal.
Knuckles Sandwhich
When someone asks you how many knuckle sandwiches you have delivered (administered?), I recommend that you look menacingly at them and say, "I lost count." However, the sad reality is that I do not know of a single Nuckols who has actually delivered a knuckles sandwich - not to mention a roundhouse one. It is a shame, really. We invite you to be the first to remedy this lack of honor to our name.
Knuckles, the Echinda
I still have no idea what an "echinda" is, and I have neither watched nor played Sonic the Hedgehog, but when people ask me about this Knuckles character, I just smile and say, "Yep! Just like him" because that seems to be what people want to hear. Apparently he is pretty hard core, so I am OK with that.
Knuckleheads
This book is brilliant because all the characters are made out of body parts, and you can see that "Handsel" and Gretel in the top left corner literally have heads that are made out of knuckles. Be prepared to congratulate people on their cleverness whenever they think that they are the first person to ever call you a knucklehead.
The Nuckols hoodie
For months I had been planning this dramatic moment where I would be wearing my hoodie on Christmas morning and then the two sister-in-laws would open up theirs and we would take a picture of the three of us together. I had their hoodies express mailed to the house, and then I forgot mine in Seattle. Boo.
But to B and S: I hope that you wear both the hoodie and the name with pride and remember that even with all the bad jokes and constant spelling corrections, it's a pretty rad name. (I promise that your kids will really love it too.) We're glad to have you. Welcome to the Nuckols/Knuckles/Buckles/Nichols/Nuchols/Noockols clan!
But to B and S: I hope that you wear both the hoodie and the name with pride and remember that even with all the bad jokes and constant spelling corrections, it's a pretty rad name. (I promise that your kids will really love it too.) We're glad to have you. Welcome to the Nuckols/Knuckles/Buckles/Nichols/Nuchols/Noockols clan!





9 comments:
I'm glad to be sharing the gift that just keeps giving.
Poppa Nuckols
Well, now I'm jealous! I thought Fahrnkopf was just the most Spectacular last name. Once again, WRONG!
Love you
Wish you were MY sister-in-law!
I'll give a roundhouse 'nuckols' sandwich to whoever doesn't love this post.
If only I had this growing up. I would have sported that necklace proudly.
Ah Jen-- you think of the coolest ideas!!! What a fun idea to give to the new sister-in-laws and what a great collection of Nuckols-inspired things!!
This may be the best Christmas gift ever.
Also, for your peace of mind, I want to speak to the Knuckles the Echidna (a spiny anteater according to wikipedia) portion of your post. Having spent countless hours playing Sonic with my baby brother as a child, I can vouch for his awesomeness. In fact, when we played Sonic & Knuckles (a flip top cartridge which actually altered game play on any of the other Sonic cartridges which you could plug into the top of it--I know, amazing feats of technology) we always, always played as Knuckles. Always.
So, if you can muster any emotion, be flattered. He is basically the Chuck Norris of the Sonic world.
Congrats on your sisters. Your family is the best. <3
Ha ha! Love this. You're the best.
hysterical. love it.
Post a Comment