Dates: June 18-22
Company: The Foley-Hawkins Family and friend Kristina
Mode of Transportation: bikes, a kid trailer, an old-school VW van, and lots of ferries.
How It Changed My Life: I believe! It is possible to car/bike camp with a 2-year-old and a 2-month-old. And I saw a naked man. Destination: Crater Lake National Park via Eugene and Bend, Oregon
Dates: June 24-26
Company: Laney McClain and her sister Ronika
Mode of Transportation: Laney's green Honda Element
Conclusion: The Cascades are absolutely my favorite mountain range.
Destination: San Diego, California
Dates: July 6-14
Company: Family (minus Steven). First time seeing Ryan in THREE YEARS
Mode of Transportation: I hate to admit it, but I love driving the Audi. So much.
Highlight: Segwaying around San Diego with the bros. Destination: Grand Tetons and Yellowstone National Park
Dates: July 15-20
Company: cousins, second-cousins, first-cousins-once-removed, great aunts, great uncles-in-law, third-cousins-thrice-removed.
Mode of Transportation: 1-800-RV4RENT
Conclusion: Family road trips are even more fun as a 28-year-old than as an 8-year-old. And family reunions are truly renewing.
Destination: Victoria, Canada
Dates: July 24-26
Company: Dickson Dabell with new friends Alli and Drew Strong
Mode of Transportation: car and ferries
Highlight: I threw myself off a 150-feet bridge, screaming, attached by my ankles with a bungee chord. At first, I didn't think my hand was going to let go of the bar, but eventually it did. Destination: Cascades, Washington
Dates: July 30-31
Company: 12 15-year-old girls, 2 awesome adult couples, and hundreds of thousands of man-eating flies
Mode of Transportation: hiking with packs
Highlights: I had a live fly pried out of my eyeball and I rescued a swiss-army knife with a stick and a bungee chord.
Destination: Ensign Ranch, Washington
Dates: August 4-7
Company: 100 girls ages 12-17 and lots of cool adult leaders
Mode of Transportation: Every day, I snuck into my parked car for a little Jen time
Highlights: Ginormous slip-and-slide, having 2 of my roommates as other counselors, a hoodie with my last name across the front, teaching, singing and dancing with wonderful girls.

Destination: Yosemite, California
Dates: August 18-22
Company: Laney, Ronika, Rachel, Will, Mom and Dad McClain
Mode of Transportation: The family SUVs
Conclusions: Climbing up the cables at Half Dome is truly horrifying - even though I didn't throw up at the top this time. And the McClain family is awesome.
Dates: August 23-26
Company: Wilson family, Daines family, Morales family, Julie Park, Amie Jan, Brittany Lowe Ryan, Alli James Ross, and lots of old Stanford Warders
Highlights: Laying in a couch in the Bender Room in the library, walking The Dish, driving down Palm Drive and being back in Twain.
TOTAL NIGHTS SPENT IN A TENT: 8
TOTAL DAYS SPENT ON A MOUNTAIN: 6
NATIONAL PARKS VISITED: 4
CONCLUSION: It was a glorious summer. I love being a woman of the West.
























8 comments:
that's where i went to girls camp!! i'm glad you had a better time than i ever did.
You seriously had the best summer ever! It's my dream to climb Half Dome. I've been to Yosemite more than a dozen times and never have...
I loved No. 5's title.
You are my role model in taking advantage of summer.
pretty freaking awesome.
What a wonderful summer and I'm glad we got to spend some of it with you. But seriously, so as to limit the emotional scarring, you need to see more naked men so it won't be so jarring.
Scarring, Jarring, it's all good. You have such fun times.... and very nice friends.
You live such an exhilarating and adventurous (and yes, insane for bungee jumping like that!) life! I liked how you presented all of your trips!
Can I come with you next summer?!?!?
The summer recap is incredible. Jsut one request; can you change the theme for Girl's Camp??!!
Post a Comment