Friday, December 19, 2008

3 Reasons I Love My Roommates

1. We had a hand-made Christmas gift exchange, and before we opened our gifts, we each said one thing we are grateful for and one boy we have a crush on. This is the first time I've been intimidated about making a gift - my roommates are practically craft professionals. Do you see that adorable hand-sewn doll in my hand or the black-and-white yarn that leads to a scarf designed like a crossword puzzle? Exactly. I dipped plastic spoons in chocolate and covered them in candy-cane-colored bits for stirring into homemade hot chocolate. (See the red bowl.) I'm not sure that even counts as a craft.

2. One night after dinner, we all put on high heels and danced to Beyonce's Single Ladies. If you haven't watched the music video yet, it's kind of amazing. Even after an hour of practicing, we couldn't get our hips to even pretend to move like that. I would like to be a dancer in my next life, and I would like my roommates to dance with me.

3. We had people over after a Christmas fireside for hot chocolate, and it spontaneously erupted into a Christmas-song-slow-dance-party that involved lots of snowballing. It felt a little like 8th grade, but wasn't 8th grade kinda fun? Afterward, we took this picture and each shared our favorite "boy moment" of the evening. I bet you wouldn't guess that all of us (except for one) are 27. Perfect.

5 comments:

Allen said...

Chocolate dipped spoons totally count as something crafty if for no other reason than there is no way I could even dream of something like that. Granted if I got that gift I'd probably wind up chewing on the spoons but still. :)

Also I'm pretty sure you're entire house is awesome :)

Sometimes I overdo the :)'s

Cassie said...

Oh trust me, it's a craft...and an AWESOME one at that! I've eaten those spoons like they're going out of style.

Our house really is kind of magical. I already miss everyone and it's only been days!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you related these experiences. It seems that the older I get (and thus the older my roommates get) the more "Who do you have a crush on?" or "Guess whose leg bushed up against mine during sacrament meeting" chats we have.

Glad to know our apartment isn't alone.

(julie) said...

I'm tearing up.

Anonymous said...

Jen. I love the new blog layout. And you!