


For Halloween, I dressed as a beloved famous Seattle landmark: the Fremont Troll. Fremont is a quirky little town within Seattle and their arts council commissioned the building of a statue under the highway 99 bridge in 1989 just for fun. People climb the troll, take pictures at the troll and camp by his gut. In his left hand, he is crushing an actual VW bug and one of his eyes is a hubcap.
We had a huge party at our house Halloween night and most people had to ask who I was, but once they figured it out, they were super excited about it.
Right before I went upstairs to the party, I saw that nytimes.com had a travel feature about Fremont, and the troll was one of the featured picture! Nice timing. Check the article out here.
Come visit me in Seattle and we'll take a pilgrimage there so that I can introduce you to him.
Special shout-out to Lee for helping me design the bridge and for digging through boxes in his attic to find the essential VW bug.
2 comments:
I totally plan on making good on that little bet we made on if it was under the 99 or not too. Can I make payments in refined Sugar?
OMG that is THE BEST COSTUME EVER!!! i totally figured it out as soon as I saw the vw bug in your hand. You are the coolest friend I have!!!
Post a Comment